Thursday, February 9, 2012

Where does the time go?

5 months?? Where did these past 5 months go? Our sweet little boy is almost 5 months at the end of this month. There have been so many milestones that he has reached. One of the greatest blessings about being a parent is getting to see how much your child learns and grows. Little Cooper isn't so little anymore! (Well not as little as he used to be.) Eating rice cereal, Trying to sit up whenever he is laid down, Rolling over, Talking, Talking, TALKING! and loves to stand up like a big boy.

At our last Doc's appointment we were confirmed that our little boy is just growing as big as can be. At his two month check up he is one the 30 percentile for his height and weight. At his 4 month checkup he is now the 70 percentile for both his height and weight. 26 inches long and 14 pounds!

But we did get some bad news... :( Coopers little head is misshapen and he might have to wear a helmet to reform it correctly. We had his physical therapy scheduled for Feb. 2nd but the physical therapist was sick so we had to re-schedule for Feb. 16. I just worry if he does have to have a helmet that he will hate it. But Cam was very cute about the situation and says we will put football decals on his helmet. So of course he will be SPORTIN!

My pediatrician also told me that it was ok for him to start eating baby food. AGGGHHHH my little boy is just growing up so stikin fast. I haven't started him on baby food just yet. I know he is ready and eats his rice cereal just great! I couldn't believe how well he eat it the first time! I went into it expecting he would eat a little bit. But he ate the whole thing with no problems. So I know hes ready! But I'm not! I told myself I would wait just a little longer. EVERYTHING IS JUST HAPPENING SO FAST!

Now I know the true meaning of the saying "Don't blink for you'll miss it."


No comments:

Post a Comment