Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Sick..Sick SICK!

Well... its that time of year for SICKNESS! and may I add that I hate it!!! Not for the fact that I am sick but for the fact that my sweet little 16 month old is so sick that it just hurts my heart.

Cooper has never really been sick. Hes a pretty healthy baby. But sometimes you just cant do anything from stopping that stupid bug. Friday night Cooper woke up with a small fever. I thought that maybe he was just teething. Gave him some Tylenol and went back to bed. The next morning he was better. But I noticed a low raspy cough. Not like a common cold cough but more of a dry, kind of cough that sounded like it hurt. We went to Grandmas and I didn't really think anything of it.

3:00 p.m rolls around and He is just burning up! That scared me that he was so hot. My Pediatrician always tells to me he may get a cough. runny nose, things like that but..... if he has a fever always bring him in.It was Saturday. Luckily Cam was able to get off of work early and we went straight to Instacare.

My first thought was that He had strep. My cousins kids who I watch every day, her youngest just had strep so I'm thinking Cooper got is somehow. As we wait Cooper cuddling Daddy and just trying not to move..waiting..waiting and waiting...The Doc finally walks in and at that moment (PERFECT TIMING) Cooper coughs..... The doc looks at me and says that almost sounds like a croup cough. (LAST ON MY MIND) Then we had to do x-rays... K any of you parent had to to x-rays for your child?? WORST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!

The child's x-ray machine is very different from the adult x-ray machine. Its almost like a harness that they put him in. So he is vertical, Then they clasp his stomach and chest with plastic so he wont move. Then they strap his head and his arms are up in the air. My poor baby didn't know what was going on. There could only be one person in the room and so Daddy went with him.He said the look on Coopers face was so sad. :( Breaks my heart. But they do it for a reason!

Sure enough it is croup. They gave him a one time steroid and told us to monitor is breathing.


Sunday night...... he did not sleep at ALL. He slept for maybe 4 hours. When he did wake up hehad a fever again! I gave him some Tylenol and about an hour later his fever was gone. But I just had this gut feeling that I needed to take him to see our pediatrician. So back to the doc we go.


Doc. checks him out and what do you know double ear infection! Will this ever end??? I sure hope so cuz I hate seeing my baby sick like this. They don't prepare you for this kind of heartache do they??



Daddy giving loves to sick baby Cooper.


Before and maybe an hour after Instacare 

 His doggy that he got after his scary x-rays


Today: doing better but still not himself




No comments:

Post a Comment