Monday, January 14, 2013

A very sad day.

A little while ago we had to put my family dog down. It was such a sad day to see my dusty dog go. But we knew that it was the right choice in putting her down. She was so old and her health was just declining.

Our family first met dusty 15 years ago on Christmas day. We were so excited to get a dog!My family is animal lovers big time.  I was in 3rd grade, my brother was in 4th and my sister in 1st. So you can only imagine how close we were to her.

My favorite memories of our house dog was when I would get home from school she would be laying in MY bed waiting for us kids to get home. I felt like I was the cool one because she would be laying in my bed and not anyone else's.

Another memory that comes to mind was when she had her first set of puppies. Ok, I cant say set. Because she only had one. How odd is that? you rarely hear of a dog having one puppy. But he was HUGE! After that one she had two more litters. Six puppies and the next eight.

It was so fun to have that many puppies around! The hardest part was letting them go to other families. But I think it was a good experience for any child to experience.

I think it was awesome that Cooper got to experience a little of my childhood and meet her before she left us.

Dusty was a great dog and she will be missed.



My mom with dusty on her goodbye walk.


Cooper just loved her. 





No comments:

Post a Comment