Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Gestational Diabities... YUCK!

So Cam and I went to the Doc a couple of weeks ago and yes had the lovely appointment of drinking that all you pregnant women love.... the yummy sugary drink. Well guess what? I failed it! Of course knowing my luck I would fail it. So the next week they sent me down to the lab to do a four hour blood test. They told me that I couldnt eat overnight and while they did the lab tests and to make sure to bring a book. I would be there the full four hours, drawing my blood on the hour. Cam of course was great and came with me.So I went to my Doc the next day and he gave me the great announcement that I have gestational diabities. Which means that I meet with a diabetic nurse and a diabetic counselor who goes over what I can and cannot eat. We went in this last thursday (almost about a week ago) and met with the counselour. She then explained that I am only allowed four servings or carbs a meal. and to make sure to check my blood sugars first thing in the morning to make sure my sugar levels are where they need to be. Then she said that I could check them throughout the day if I wanted too. Well the next Doc's appointment my Doc told me that I needed to be checking 4 times a day 2 hours after every meal. So yes I have to prick myself four times a day. Which I thought that I was going to hate but isnt so bad.  I have been checking four times a day for the past week almost and they are still stinkin high! Im trying everything that I can not eating sweets (well... I totld myself Im allowed 1 sweet every now and then) But I havent drank any soda or juices. and they are still high! So guess what that means......INSULIN SHOTS! I see my doc this friday and he will then decide if I need to do insulin shots or not.. Which cross your fingers for me because Im sure as heck not wanting to do them.

1 comment:

  1. That's so gay you have that. thank goodness you're almost done!

    ReplyDelete